Move over regular old tacos. The crunchy kale is my favorite part. Or wait, maybe the sweet and spicy burst of golden raisin in between bites of smoky roasted cauliflower. Is it Taco Tuesday yet?!?!
1 head of cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 head of kale, washed and dried well
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Salt and pepper
1 T. maple syrup
2 T. chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
¼ c. golden raisins
1 pack corn tortillas
2 scallions, sliced (garnish)
queso fresco or cotija (garnish)
Greek yogurt (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 f.
- On a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet, spread out cauliflower into a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with turmeric, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Put in oven and cook until tender and golden brown, around 20 minutes.
- On another foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet, spread out kale and drizzle with evoo, salt and pepper. Bake until crispy, being careful not to burn, around 20 minutes.
- While cauli and kale are cooking, make the sauce: In a large bowl stir together chipotle in adobo sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and golden raisins.
- Ten minutes before serving, wrap tortillas in foil and put in oven.
- When cauliflower and kale come out of the oven, put them in the large bowl and gently stir to combine with the dressing.
- To assemble: Put a spoonful of cauliflower mix in the center of each tortilla, top with scallions, queso fresco and greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Component in Action
-filling for burritos
-bowls with rice, couscous or quinoa
-enchiladas smothered with red or green chili sauce